Financial Mappers offered to University, Schools of Business for Financial Planning Courses
Financial Mappers recognizes the need for Financial Planning courses to have a simple financial modelling tool for use by all students.
Glenis Phillips, who previously taught at tertiary level has made available free access to students who are using Financial Mappers as part of their assignments. Using this product should help avoid plagiarism as students cannot research previous assignments on the Internet as well as providing individual student assignments.
Academic staff should contact Glenis Phillips directly to discuss the options available.
The advantages for both staff and students are:
- Product is easy to use and requires no training.
- Sample plans within the program can form the basis of assignments
- Modelling tools allow students to consider the effect of changed historical data or economic cycles.
- Modulators for Income, Capital Growth and Interest Rate could form the basis of assignments dealing with sequence risk and projected change in future returns
- The Wealth Guidance Report offers a set of ‘Questions to Ask your Adviser’. These questions could be answered by the students.
- The SMSF account gives students the opportunity to model the Investment Profile of the fund by the use of three asset classes within one account.
Because the software has built-in other country-specific rules, such as tax sheltered retirement accounts, tax credits on equities, and taxation rules and schedules, this product is suitable for universities in both Australia and overseas.
Glenis Phillips B Ed SF Fin – Designer of Financial Mappers